.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada. The Intern's Journal

Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada.


Tuesday, July 27, 2004
 
Wrapping Up Projects
See:

Today felt more laid-back than I'm used to. I started the day off by painting a second coat on the storage room floor. I don't understand how one little concrete room in the corner of the building can get as hot as it did. All the painting has finished now and although it feels as if it should have padded walls once you're standing in it, the room looks 200 times better than it did before (which I can't really say about my pants). I thought I was being careful not to get paint on me, but as I was walking out of the room to wash my hands, I found paint going all the way up the side of my calves as if I pressed my pants on the floor. I'm yet to figure that one out...oh well, at least I managed to clean it off before it dried...as awkard as holding my leg up to the hand dryer in the washroom was...

After that, I completed all of the faxing that Tina had left Tam and I to do for the Summer.... I just hope all the fax numbers and papers don't end up on my desk again to re-fax...the fax machine is just so slow! Within the time it took me to deliver the notices that Akshay gave me, I could have only done one fax, two if I was lucky. Stupid machine!

Later, Mr. Gardner got John, the resident computer genius, to show Tam, Akshay, and I how to start creating new advertising pages on the VEC directory. I'm excited to work on that as it is what we have been working towards with all the tedious data entry. It will be great to see the final product that many people here at VEC have been working hard to acheive!

Other than that, I just worked on filling in contact information for the International Student Safety Program database. I managed to get a lot of information done in a short period of time today, so I hope to have it all complete before lunchtime tomorrow so Tam and I can put everything back in the storage room tomorrow afternoon. I'm excited to work tomorrow to get these two projects finished and out of the way!

    |
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com