.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada. The Intern's Journal

Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada.


Tuesday, July 13, 2004
 
TGFTPT
See:

TGIF has nothing on TGFTPT. By the way, TGFTPT = Thank God For The Pool Table...you'll understand why in a few minutes. Unless you are considering or should consider signing up for some classes here, then it may take you a bit longer. (I kid! :P)

OK, so I'm getting too much grief from everybody at work for liking my job too much, so i'll make this entry especially negative...just to balance everything out. It shouldn't be too hard considering the day I had today... <---Notice the negativity, and stop harassing me! ;)

The day started out lively. In the morning I helped the new students find their classes and solve any problems that arose, such as not having their name on the class list. Unfortunately, this didn't last too long. By 9:30 I was in my office, where I remained, entering data for the rest of the day.

My relationship with data entry is so love-hate. I enjoy it in waves. I'll do it for about two hours, then get sick of it and a while later I'll start enjoying it again. For this reason, days full of strictly data entry, are horrible! When I'm hating it, it's just the worst thing on Earth, because all I'm really doing all day is pushing the same 2 keys (3 if I'm lucky...four is just dreaming). Usually it's no problem, because the information is set up in such a way that I don't really need to pay close attention to what I'm doing; however, every so often, I will get a chain of e-mails full of listings that are almost completely random, causing me to go through each individual listing and change certain parts myself.

Most of the time, however, everyone is really good about giving Akshay, Tam, and I many different projects to work on so we don't hate our lives full of data entry; rather, we will enter data for a while, move on to something else, and later come back to data entry and not be stuck in one of those waves of not liking it.

Whoever had the idea of buying a pool table is a genius! I'm completely ecstatic that VEC has one. Playing pool with Tam during our breaks on days like these feels like I'm going to Disneyland. It keeps me sane...what would I do without it?

This should be long and negative enough. I'll stop being harassed now, right?

    |
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com