.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada. The Intern's Journal

Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada.


Tuesday, July 27, 2004
 
Painting
See:

I decided since my blogs mostly sound the same, I'm only going to write one every few days or if something exciting and different happens in my day.

Friday felt like it was Saturday, because it seemed as though nobody was here. Since Melanie was away, barely anybody came into the office to talk to her, and Tam and Akshay don't work on Fridays, so it was just me. I cleared some more stuff out of the storage room, did a lot of data entry and then moved on to a bit of faxing before I left. I had a lot of overtime hours so I needed to leave early on Friday. At 11:30, while I was heading out, Mr. Gardner had asked me to fill out information in a database for the International Student Safety Program. He needed it done by Monday, so I was happy to stay and work on it.

Yesterday (Monday), the day mvoed by quickly. Tam and I started by completely clearing out the rest of the storage room. Then we needed to vacuum it. We figured because it was so loud, that we would just shut the door as I was inside vacuuming. It got so dusty that when Tam opened the door, it billowed out. Gross! Afterwards, we were finally able to get a coat of paint on the floor. And by the floor, I mean all over Tam and some on the floor. It was really, really, REALLY hot in that room yesterday, I wish I didn't wear pants. Later on that day, I went to the bank for the payments department and then I did a lot of faxing.

Today, I would like to get the second, and hopefully final coat of paint on the floor, and if it dries quick enough, put everything back in the storage room by the end of the day.

    |
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com