.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada. The Intern's Journal

Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada.


Monday, July 12, 2004
 
A New Session
See:

OK, so it was intake today...150 new students. I was asked by Kathy to come in a bit earlier today to help sign all the students in, which was fun. Everybody looked so scared, especially the ones awkwardly pretending that it was just another day. I thought it was funny, because having worked here for just over 2 weeks, I know they have nothing to be nervous about.

After the long line up disappeared and all the new students were where they should be, I went into the office and did some data entry until Jean had me on the phone again asking people if they would be host families. I generally just got the answering machine, and those that did pick up were either angry that we've called them about 3 times in the last few days, or booked full. I'd have to say, out of everything I've done here, calling people is by far the worst, but Tam will tell you otherwise. What more can you expect from a girl? :P

After lunch, I went back to data entry, filled my quota for the day, and Mr. Gardner came into our office and asked me to go buy some bus passes for the new vacation students. I got to go to the bank to get his cheque certified, and afterwards, all the way to Metrotown station to the Translink headquarters. It was such a great suprise that he asked me to do this... I was beginning to think- err, dread, that today was going to be my first not-so-fun day.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to tomorrow, because I think I am helping the new students out again by showing them where their classrooms are. By the way, I'm trying to be as minimalistic with these blogs as I can...still too excessive?

    |
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com