.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada. The Intern's Journal

Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada.


Thursday, July 08, 2004
 
My First Full Week!
See:

Hi! My name is Akshay Singh, and I am a new employee at the VEC. At first, I was quite nervous and a bit apprehensive towards the idea of coming into work because of my inexperience. I soon realized these apprehensions and jitters had no basis, and were easily dismissed. The VEC provides me with a comfortable working environment, good hours, and an enjoyable job! Since I going to be going in the 12th Grade, and my last year in school, it is essential that I gain additional skills to help me attain employment, and the VEC provides me with both - skills and employment. Does it get better than this? At the same time, I am making money that will hopefully be useful in paying some of my tuition fees next year for university.

Though I started off a bit later than the others thanks to my History provincial (unfortunately), I managed to catch up and get into my own niche in the homestay department, making calls and finding hosts for homestay students. The job provides me with several skills that I require, such as being able to converse freely with strangers, and not being nervous about it; as well as teaching me how to file folders and documents efficiently.

I hope and expect to enjoy myself further for my duration of work at the VEC and look forward to my next day of work! My first full week of work has been great! Thank you everyone for all your patience and help in getting us all started and prepared for what I know will be an excellent experience at the Vancouver English Centre!

    |
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com