.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada. The Intern's Journal

Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada.


Monday, July 12, 2004
 
Intake Day!
See:

Wow! Today was just crazy. The sheer number of new students coming in left me in awe. I was really impressed by how efficiently and relatively quickly they were dealt with, and the effort put into minimizing confusion. This morning I helped out with the intake, and it was interesting to see all the different students from around the world who come to our school to study. Unfortunately, I arrived towards the end of the intake, and missed most of the students.

Otherwise, my work is diversifying, as I get to do more and more during my time here. I helped several students with their homestay inquiries today, and the experience is really aiding my skills in conversing with international students and trying to get across a language barrier, if one exists. It's really cool to meet all the different students and talk with them. It really is a culturally enriching experience.

Anyway, I cant talk on this thing forever! I have to get back to work. Look forward to blogging tomorrow!

    |
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com