.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada. The Intern's Journal

Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada.


Wednesday, July 07, 2004
 
Hard at work!
See:

Well, let me start by introducing myself. My name is Tam Phan, I'm 15, going to grade 10 of Delview Junior Secondary and I'm working for the first time. Understandably, I was quite nervous for my first day of work last week, but I shouldn't have worried at all. At VEC, the people are so nice, and it's a great environment to work in. People are always willing to help and answer my questions, and even come to my aid when my computer has decided to quit working!

At VEC, my first priority is to enter data for our web directory, and I work in an office with Brennan, who is another student worker, and Melanie, who s very niceand funny and keeps us laughing. Entering data isn't a hard job, although it does get very repetitive and boring, so I'm always happy to do other things to help. So far, I've done some faxing to help our advertising, updated and cleaned the computers in the computer lab, filed papers for the homestay department, and even gone on errands to the bank!

Although I'm not quite as zealous as Brennan to be working, I certainly enjoy my job. It's a very fun environment, and I enjoy coming to work each morning (though I can't say the same for waking up so early each morning). I hope my job continues to be interesting! It'll be a great summer!
- tam

    |
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com