.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada. The Intern's Journal

Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada.


Thursday, July 15, 2004
 
The Entire Ice-Cream Store!
See:

All I asked for was chocolate, but I ended up with the enitre ice-cream store! <--Refer to last blog to understand. Today was a GREAT day! 

I started out entering data today. I did it all morning without any problems. It really is wierd how some days I'll be so sick of data entry that I want to crawl under my desk and cry, and other days I can do it for even longer and not even be bothered. I've found that the trick is not thinking...at all, because once you start thinking, you can't stop, and before you know it, you're hating your data-filled life. 
  
Not long after, Akshay gave Tam and I some more of his work to do. I'm always happy when he brings us some of the cards to deliver since it's just a nice break to get out of my desk and walk around a little. Later I did some faxing and then Shirley came into the office and asked Tam and I if we would lead the conversation club again. We happily accepted; however, no students bothered to show up. This was probably a good thing though, since I was already preoccupied with a few students at the activities desk.
 
OK, so you're probably wondering what was so great about today considering all that I have mentioned thus far is basically a typical days work. *Drum roll* I GET TO GO TO WHISTLER ON SATURDAY!!! Mr. Gardner asked me if I would be interested in going on the day trip to Whistler tomorrow with a group of students, and the new activity coordinator who hasn't yet been out on an activity. I think her name's Megan? I should probably find out hehe. It will be a lot of fun though, because Whistler is my favourite place in all of British Columbia, and I always enjoy speaking with the students! With the exception of very few, they are all very nice, outgoing people in which contribute a great deal as to why I enjoy my job so much!




    |
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com