.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada. The Intern's Journal

Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada.


Thursday, July 15, 2004
 
Busy Week
See:

It's just been a crazy week here. It all started out with intake day, where some of the madness began. Since then, it's just been work, work, work! I've been kept occupied over the past few days with helping in the distribution of Student ID cards and various notices to classrooms, and the teacher's tray. I also learned how to use the VEC Student database, which has helped me immensely in doing my job, by providing me with quick, up-to- date information that I so desperately need.
 
The week also involved with helping several students with their homestay issues, and trying to work them out, so as to provide a solution both parties appreciated. It has certainly been quite an experience in interacting with students and helping with their questions. I discovered that an enormous amount of information could be carried out through sign language if a student was having difficulty with what I was saying. On the whole, the interaction has been a lot of fun, and it was nice to talk with some of the students once in while, and help them out while I was at it.
 
Next week is sure to bring up more work for me, as students start settling down and deciding whether or not they like their homestays. Unfortunately, it seems almost sure that some students will be unhappy with their homestay status, and would like to change their homestay and move. Hopefully, everyone will find the family they've been looking for and enjoy themselves. This week has been fun, but also a lot of hard work. I look forward to next week with anticipation!


    |
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com