.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada. The Intern's Journal

Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada.


Wednesday, July 07, 2004
 
Business As Usual
See:

Today was a lot of fun. I got to help out the activity coordinators by preparing backpacks full of information for new students. Sounds boring? No way! After doing data entry for a few days, it felt like I was going to Disneyland. I'm not speaking negatively about entering data, it's just that being productive motivates me, so usually it feels a lot better seeing all the work that I have done in front of me as opposed to just knowing that I have been productive.

I feels as though I haven't done much today when really, I have done a lot. I suppose it's because I have been having fun and doing so many different things. Of course, I worked with the activity coordinators, but on top of that, I did my data entry, sent fax's to potential advertising buyers, and updated computers in the computer lab.

The more I work here the more jealous I get of the students. I wish I could be coming to Vancouver to learn English. VEC seems like a lot of fun for the students. They get to meet a lot of new and different people, as well as do daily activities organised by the activity coordinators. I'm jealous of them as well. Granted they do work hard, but they also get to go on these trips with the students. I'd do that for free! (Don't get any ideas, Mr. Gardner... ;) )

I also like helping the students out whenever I can, for example, when Mel isn't in the office. I was able to do this a few times today. Anyways, I'll stop rambling on and get back to work now before I leave for the night...

    |
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com