.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada. The Intern's Journal

Journals by Interns at Vancouver English Centre, in Vancouver, Canada.


Monday, March 01, 2004
 
Working as a Volunteer at VEC
See: http://www.vec.ca

Hi! I'm Eri from Japan.
Let me introduce a little bit about myself.
After I graduated from university, became employed in Japan, and have come to Vancouver to enhance my English and communication skills.
It's been a month and a little bit passed since I started volunteering at VEC.

I came to school at 8 a.m. this mornig to help new students. Most of new students looked a little nervous on their first day at VEC. I hope they have wonderful experience at VEC.
After that, I worked on translation today, sometimes it is really hard for me to translate English into Japanese, because we have different sentense structure and grammar.
Also, I was sitting at Reception for 1 and a half hours. A man came to the reception and asked me about VEC's program, tuition, and homestay. I couldn't answer some of his questoins, for example if a student want to receive a letter of acceptance from VEC, does he or she have to pay full amount of tuition, and how long does he or she have to apply for. Luckily, Ai, Assistant Marketing Director, helped me, so the man understood about VEC's program.

I learn something different every day, and I am really enjoying it.
I will be working on translation tomorrow, "Canada Immigration" page, hopefully it will be done tomorrow.

Eri

    |
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com